Time2Sing is an early years parenting program offering music therapy services to families facing diverse and complex challenges. Music inherently provides developmentally stimulating opportunities for children and provides space for families to recognise and affirm one another’s identities and strengths. Time2Sing uses music to engage both child (aged 0-5 years) and adult participants, creating opportunity for moments of connection, fun, learning, choice, reflection and celebration.
Time2Sing services are specifically tailored to family needs and aim to:
- Develop parenting awareness and self-efficacy
- Increase confidence in parents to recognise and respond appropriately to child cues
- Guide positive interactions and communicative musicality
- Develop self-regulation awareness and skills in both parents and children
- Enhance developmental opportunities for children
- Assess and provide appropriate response to trauma symptoms
Resources and information packs complement service delivery, providing families with the opportunity to build and practice new ideas and skills outside of sessions also.